Powered By Blogger

WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog. I'm really new at this and not very good at keeping up with it. I'm sort of "stumbling" through life - giving all Glory to God for giving Jesus to die for me so I may have His love and grace!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still on Vacation!


This has simply been the most amazing vacation I've had! I don't think I've ever taken off 2 weeks at one time and been to so many places on the same vacation as this one. After leaving Florence on Tuesday, we drove up the coast to the Sea Lion Caves. What a great adventure this was - more walking of course - to get to the caves to see hundreds of stellar sea lions all gathered on the side of huge cliffs by the Pacific Ocean. They do not stop barking and all seem so full of joy! The work it takes to get out of the ocean onto the cliff is mesmerizing and I could have watched them for hours. It seems as if they just get up on the cliff, and then another one takes a stroll to the edge and slides right back into the water. The waves are tremendous and so strong when they swirl into the cave and it sounds like thunder. Rylee really seemed to enjoy this part of the trip - as much as a 14 month old can. But I think her daddy enjoyed it much more - at least he showed alot more excitement!
We drove on to Newport and stopped for lunch at and had the most awesome tuna melt sandwich, crab cakes and clam chowder! Then off again to drive on to Lincoln City where we found the best hotel yet - the Coho Inn. Newly remodeled and decorated, we were pleased to have a room that actually had two bedrooms - this worked out perfectly for baby Rylee and her daddy could watch TV (that's very important you know)! I slept in the main room and left the sliding door open so I could hear the waves. The ocean was again above my expectations and the crashing waves sound like a rainstorm in Texas - only BETTER! The hotel also offered a free (yes, free) breakfast - one where you can cook your own waffles and eat all you want for FREE! Yes, we did partake in this meal. Gotta keep up our strength for the rest of our trip. Today's weather has now rolled in with the typical Pacific NW fog and dripping. Rather cold too. I'm really kinda glad that it's been like this today, because what's a trip to the PNW without a little fog? Before leaving Lincoln City, we drove down to the beach, I put on a plastic bag (over my broken foot / boot, of course) and walked the very windy, cold and wet beach! But, oh what a wonderful walk! I just don't think it can get any better than this! Back on the 101 headed North for Seaside. Stopped at several other points of interest along the way and met up with Ty Jones in Tillamook at the famous Tillamook Cheese Factory for lunch and a tour; tasting all the wonderful cheese and of course topping it all off with ice cream! We have not been shy on the calories and I have to say my trainer will really have his work cut out for him when I get back to San Antonio!
We made it to Seaside, OR and met up with Devin, Leah and Isaac and are staying at their family timeshare. This is a great place and seems like a really good idea for future vacations. I'll have to look into it.
After a tasty seafood meal and a short walk back to the hotel, the babies are bathed and in bed, their moms and dads are down at the pool and I stayed in the room with a glass of wine and my computer. This is the life!
Wonder what excitement is in store for me tomorrow. Stay tuned for more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment