Powered By Blogger

WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog. I'm really new at this and not very good at keeping up with it. I'm sort of "stumbling" through life - giving all Glory to God for giving Jesus to die for me so I may have His love and grace!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Vacation!

I'm finally on vacation! Oh yeah, I've been away from the office for many reasons these past 18 months - death of my best friend and husband Jack Dear, the birth of 2 grandchildren, a broken foot . . . but now I'm really on VACATION! I have my computer but I'm not logging in to my desktop at work. I'm not making or receiving phone calls from the office and I'm not even thinking about how it's going there without me. I'm simply enjoying time off.
So I boarded a plane Friday, October 1, 2010 with my trusty companions, Bobby, Alesia & Rylee Hyatt, for Seattle, Washington. We arrived at noon and got into the rental car (a Toyota Sienna) and excitedly drove up 410 to Buck Creek Camp just past Enumclaw, WA. This gorgeous place was home for Bobby and Alesia before God called them to move back to Texas (for which I am so thankful). We spent three nights at the Creek Side Cabin; were joined by friends Devin, Leah and Isaac Wolters and then Jeremiah Shade and his girlfriend Rachel (didn't get her last name). We made a couple day trips - one to Sunrise on one side of Mt. Rainier then to Paradise on the other side. Hiking at Paradise was a bit more challenging with my foot in this boot, but I was determined to get to the destination to spread Jack's ashes. It took a while because once we got to Myrtle Falls, so did all the other tourists! Taking pictures, hanging out, blah, blah, blah. When the crowd finally split, I let his ashes out on the ground by the trees at the falls viewpoint. It was a bitter-sweet occasion - one I will never forget - nor do I want to.
We left Buck Creek Monday morning for Chehalis, WA to Devin and Leah's house. We took the little ones (Rylee & Isaac) to the Corn Maze (really think the adults had more fun) and then enjoyed a delightful dinner at Leah's folks house. Back to the Wolter's house to put the babies down, relax and watch a movie. After a delicious home cooked breakfast the next morning, we were on our way today to Florence, Oregon. We had lunch in Portland with a friend from Arizona (Jen Jones) and then on to Salem where we met up with my friend Sean Banks (interim HR Director from January to May in San Antonio) for a brief "hello and hugs". Then on the road again to Florence. We found a really nice hotel right on the beach front and ate amazing seafood at a great restaurant in town. Tomorrow, off again traveling on the 101 to our next stop.
More to follow......

No comments:

Post a Comment